GREYLOCK YOUTH BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION (GYBA) is a youth sports program available to all boys and girls in grades 3 through 8 in the Mt. Greylock Regional School District. The program runs from early November to early March and includes participation in the Boy’s & Girls Berkshire County League and select tournaments. We are dedicated to serving the young basketball players in the Mount Greylock Regional High School District. Together we provide travel basketball opportunities for boy’s and girls in the Mt. Greylock School District. In addition, we support the boy’s and girl’s Varsity and JV basketball programs at Mt. Greylock Regional High School.
- Provide an opportunity for our children to participate in competitive basketball games while learning the sport and developing as an athlete.
- Promote good sportsmanship and fair play by the players, parents, and coaches.
- Teach basketball fundamentals through playing experience that can prepare players to continue to play the sport.
BOTH age groups (3/4 Grades and 5/6 Grades boys and girls teams) play 1 game per week plus 1 practice per week. Season starts in early November and ends before February vacation. Includes 7-8 games during the season + playoff games. LYBA/WYBA in house league banquet held in March after completion of season.
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Work hard at school and keep my grades up
2. Have a positive, never quit attitude
3. Train and play to the best of my ability
4. Demonstrate sportsmanship
5. Practice basketball skills on my own time
6. Respect my coach and my opponents
7. Respect officials and accept their decisions without dissent
8. Only give encouragement to my teammates
9. Attend and be prompt to all practices, games and team functions
10. Notify the coach in advance if I will be tardy for or unable to attend a practice, game or
11. Immediately report any injury to the coach
12. Approach the coach with any personal basketball related problem on a one-on-one basis
13. I will remember that sports are an opportunity learn and have fun!