We’re looking forward to eight full weeks of summer camp in 2021. We hope to take weekly field trips to Margaret Lindley Pond and other local spots. The program will run from June 28 to August 20, from 8am to 5:30pm daily. WYC camp is open to kids going into 1st grade through 8th grade.
The cost of the program is $215 per week. The cost for Week 2 is $170.
The program will be closed on Monday, July 5.
PLEASE NOTE: All children must have a completed summer 2021 health form on file with the Youth Center.
Week 1: June 28-July 2: Registrations Full
Week 2: July 6-9
Week 3: July 12-16: Registrations Full
Week 4: July 19-23: Registrations Full
Week 5: July 26-30: Registrations Full
Week 6: August 2-6: Registrations Full
Week 7: August 9-13: Registrations Full
Week 8: August 16-20: Registrations Full
Weekly Schedule (subject to change)
8-9am: Check-in and open activities
9-9:30: Open activities
9:30-9:50am: Snack and morning meeting
12:30-3:30pm: Margaret Lindley Park (Mondays and Fridays), field trip or camp-wide activity (Tuesdays and Thursdays), cook-outs (Wednesdays)
3:30-5:30pm: Open activities and pick-up
If your child will miss a day of camp, our office needs to know in advance. We will call home if a child does not sign in by 10:30am. You can call our office at 413-458-5925 or email Julia at email@example.com to let us know about upcoming absences.
Here’s a checklist of what every camper needs every day:
1. Sunscreen. Remember to apply before drop-off in addition to packing extra in the backpack.
2. Full water bottle, to be refilled throughout the day.
3. Sneakers and socks
4. Lunch and two snacks from home, with the exception of lunch on Wednesdays when we’ll have our cookouts.
5. Towel and swimsuit
WYC Sunscreen Policy
1. Parents will administer sunscreen to the child before arriving at the WYC.
2. The WYC will have extra sunscreen on hand for those who do not have sunscreen.
3. The staff shall check in with all kids at the beginning of the day to ensure sunscreen has been applied.
4. The staff shall monitor the kids during the day to ensure that the sun is affecting no one.
5. Affected kids will be removed from direct sunlight.
6. Individual lip balm containers will not be shared among children.
Scholarships: The Youth Center is committed to making our programs and services available to all area families. For this reason, we provide need-based scholarships so that any child can afford to participate. Please contact Michael Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.